A $1 million funding pool is available to MAGSA landowners every year through Fiscal Year 2026 under USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service’s (NRCS) Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) WaterSMART Initiative.
This funding pool is set aside for MAGSA landowners only! Those who are eligible to receive funds must meet NRCS EQIP eligibility requirements. To be eligible, an applicant must own or lease and manage their land, and have an average gross income of $900,000 or less.
Eligible projects may include: water delivery automation & monitoring; irrigation water management & conveyance; sprinkler irrigation systems, & more. We strongly encourage you to use this opportunity to fund your well meters and telemetry! (MAGSA’s Implementing Rules & Regulations for Groundwater Well Metering, Measurement, Monitoring, and Construction Policy outlines requirements for well meters and telemetry by January 31, 2025).
EQIP Application Process
Enroll in the Farm Service Agency
To be eligible for EQIP funding, MAGSA landowners must first enroll in the Farm Service Agency (FSA). Here are the FSA registration steps:
2. Gather relevant documents based on discussion with FSA. These will likely include:
- Proof of identity (driver’s license, social security card, IRS EIN number)
- Proof of land ownership (copy of recorded deed or current property tax bill)
- Lease agreements
- Entity Identification Status (articles of incorporation, trust & estate documents, partnership agreement). Contact FSA to receive appropriate eligibility forms for your operation.
3. Submit documents to the FSA office via US Postal Service, fax, email or by a one-on-one in-person appointment.
Complete EQIP Application by November 3, 2023:
You will need these forms (and a blank voided check) to complete your EQIP application.
- Conservation Program Application (CPA-1200)
- MAGSA recommends landowners include meters and telemetry and advanced irrigation water management in your application! See Application Guide for sample application.
- Adjusted Gross Income Form (CCC-941)
- Direct Deposit Form (SF-119911)
- Bring a blank voided check for the account you wish to register with NRCS
- Irrigation History Form (LTP-5)
MAGSA has created an Application Guide to support landowners through the entire EQIP WaterSMART application process. Click the button below to access the NRCS EQIP WaterSMART Grant Application Guide designed specifically for MAGSA landowners!
EQIP Application Drop-Off Events
Get help finalizing your application and drop it off with a NRCS representative at the Kerman Community Center (15101 W. Kearney Blvd., Kerman, CA. 93630) on either of these dates:
October 19, 2023 @ 11:30 AM -2:30 PM
November 1, 2023 @ 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Can’t make it to a Drop-Off Event? Growers can also drop off their applications at the NRCS Fresno Field office at 4625 W Jennifer Ave #125 Fresno, CA during operating hours between 8 AM to 4:30 PM.